Thursday 27 March 2008

A group of explorers were walking through the tunnel leading from Hope to reality. Before they reached their desired destination they were confronted by the most hideous of sights. A man had fallen by the way-side and was being beaten by a Pigeon. They simply stood captivated by the most beautiful and haunting of sights. The aggressive pigeon stared with an angry eye. ‘Thump’ was tattooed on the right of his wing and a rusty copper ring hung loosely through his beak. He muttered to himself, his eyes glazed with confusion.

Suddenly the tunnel resonated music, one that spoke of an electronic future, yet clumsily tripped over the past. A barge appeared chugging through the water as if it were a spoon through honey. The music stopped, a voice from the boat shouted “Pigeon Jack, Put Greg down!” The pigeon spun round nervously, “what’s going on?” said the sequin clad musician. “Greg sthaid I had a big faceth” reposed Pigeon Jack with the most delicate of lisps. ‘Did you say that Greg?’ “Yes” replied Greg “But I really didn’t mean for it to cause such offence Jack! I’m truly sorry”. Pigeon Jack stared at the floor in shame. “You know how sthelf consciousth I get Greg, yet you continue to pusth me”. “You know I love you as a friend” replied Greg “and despite the size of your face. You have an elegance and class about you!”. “Well I apprecthiate that Greg, I’m sthorry I trundled you!”. “Will you make up?” whispered the musician? “Yes(th)” they both replied as a growing look of content spread across their faces.

The explorer’s stared on in disbelief, the more noble amongst them raised his fist declaring “We are Noble explorers on route to Reality; we demand to know our whereabouts!” The crowd shot round. “My dear friends, this is the A.HUMAN tunnel” replied the Musicians. “To get to reality you must walk back through the tunnel of banality and the path will be as clear as sin”. “What if we want to stay?” scoffed the explorer. The musician replied “Then you are more than welcome!”

By Dave Human

I am currently reading the book below as advised by Kay Human and our Manger Double. Its good so far, apart from the chapter about Jesus, which is a bit boring, not that Jesus is boring, I’m sure he’s great. Anyway love you, bye.




No comments: